Annex 4 - Notification pursuant to section 28b in the Offshore Safety Act
Annex 4 to The Danish Working Environment Authority (WEA) guideline 65.2.2 on Health and safety aspects regarding offshore well operations
Appendix A4 outlines the minimum required documentation to be submitted with regard to notification.
A monthly update of planned well operations for the next quarter with a short and sufficient description of the operations to be carried out shall be submitted.
Minimum three (3) weeks prior to the planned start of a well operation, the following shall be submitted:
- the work programme or
- a description with objectives of the well operation to be performed.
On the basis of the received information, DWEA may request additional information, such as the performed risk assessment and the work programme.
The work programme shall as a minimum include:
Information about scope of work
- the programme shall include the objectives of the planned operation.
Information about the well
The programme shall include
- well history and previous intervention(s)
- well and reservoir data which could be a potential hazard (scale, wax, CO2, H2S, etc.)
- information about casing and tubing restrictions
- well integrity status
- well schematic prior well operations
- well barriers schematic stating primary and secondary barriers prior operations.
Information about the well operations
The programme shall include:
- well schematic of the proposed solution(s)
- well barriers schematic stating primary and secondary barriers of the proposed solution(s)
- detailed programme of the operation including planned tests and their acceptance criteria to be achieved for all safety and environmental critical elements if applicable
- detailed programme of the contingencies if any including planned tests and their acceptance criteria to be achieved for all safety and environmental critical elements if applicable.
Information about the risk assessment – ALARP principle
The programme shall include the risk assessment, cf. section 1. The risk assessment shall conclude that the operation is only for notification, cf. section 3.1.
Information about dispensations
The programme shall include the dispensations from the operator’s own management system/standards and justifications.